Synoptic – Production Pt.6

The cabinet was given a quick base colour as promised, along with in engine testing! The base colour was applied in Substance Painter using the Stylised shader from Substance Share that we had discovered during our initial pitch. You can also see that a few alpha stamps were tested on the model, mostly to … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.6


Synoptic – Production Pt.5

As I promised myself yesterday the cabinet is complete (outside of mirroring the whole thing and making sure it welds together). I was worried I was going to go over the poly limit (3000) and I did initially but began identifying useless edge loops and hidden faces that would never be seen. Eventually I brought … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.5

Synoptic – Production Pt.4

Tuesday over and I'm happy to report that my cabinet is finally looking like a cabinet, or at least the concept sketch. Fixing the bool geometry by hand thankfully wasn't too monumental a task and ended up looking quite clean, the remaining geometry was much easier and was rapidly finished. As of writing this the … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.4

Synoptic – Production Pt.2

So modelling continued throughout today, I've managed to add a drawer using the method I mentioned in the last post, added geometry for the shelving cavity and added cabinet legs. The drawer is perfectly sized to the rest of the unit so should have a believably action once implemented into the game. I'm currently undecided … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.2

Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.5

As mentioned briefly last week I had started a hand painted texture on an old game jam model. This was a completely new process for me and without much guidance threw myself into it and hoped for the best. I knew that our scene/texturing was going to be very wood heavy and therefore chose something … Continue reading Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.5

Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.4

This post is being made well after the related day, however thankfully scrum minutes should fill in the memory gap! I mostly finished my front and side drawing but towards the end of the day lost all pressure control on the tablets at college and resigned myself to finishing it at home. For these last … Continue reading Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.4

Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.3

During the last week I will hold my hands up to poor progress. I saw through to completion a perspective drawing of my best cabinet concept from pitch, this was initially for drawing practice as it had been a while, this then turned into much needed practice drawing on a tablet which turned into colouring. … Continue reading Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.3

Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.2

Part of today was spent hashing out the remainder of the asset list, the things we'd like to get done during stretch goals. This was much more of a team process than the MVP list as everyone had potential suggestions from new items to new potential puzzles. A few hours were spent refining these down … Continue reading Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.2