Synoptic – Production Pt.6

The cabinet was given a quick base colour as promised, along with in engine testing! The base colour was applied in Substance Painter using the Stylised shader from Substance Share that we had discovered during our initial pitch. You can also see that a few alpha stamps were tested on the model, mostly to … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.6


Synoptic – Production Pt.5

As I promised myself yesterday the cabinet is complete (outside of mirroring the whole thing and making sure it welds together). I was worried I was going to go over the poly limit (3000) and I did initially but began identifying useless edge loops and hidden faces that would never be seen. Eventually I brought … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.5

Synoptic – Production Pt.4

Tuesday over and I'm happy to report that my cabinet is finally looking like a cabinet, or at least the concept sketch. Fixing the bool geometry by hand thankfully wasn't too monumental a task and ended up looking quite clean, the remaining geometry was much easier and was rapidly finished. As of writing this the … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.4

Synoptic – Production Pt.2

So modelling continued throughout today, I've managed to add a drawer using the method I mentioned in the last post, added geometry for the shelving cavity and added cabinet legs. The drawer is perfectly sized to the rest of the unit so should have a believably action once implemented into the game. I'm currently undecided … Continue reading Synoptic – Production Pt.2

Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.5

As mentioned briefly last week I had started a hand painted texture on an old game jam model. This was a completely new process for me and without much guidance threw myself into it and hoped for the best. I knew that our scene/texturing was going to be very wood heavy and therefore chose something … Continue reading Synoptic – Pre-Production Pt.5

Neon City Production Pt.XVII

This is it, last team day before we present! Look at this wonderful checklist: I did say last week we'd get through it all, a massive well done to the rest of the team for chipping in as much as they have! The remaining sounds were done at home last night and every team member … Continue reading Neon City Production Pt.XVII

Neon City Production Pt.XV

Today was our MVP and the first time the project had been shown (mostly) as a whole. However feedback was positive: Fantastic work. The project looks brilliant and the camera work is really good. Look at the intensity of your neon signs during the day and tinker with the settings on your steam particles. It … Continue reading Neon City Production Pt.XV